Whether in business, having a job, going to school, or living your life, your ability to present well will supercharge your success.
Here are five tips I use every day:
1) Understand that most folk only expect you to wow them. They are not expecting bad. You shouldn’t either.
2) Join the conversation THEY already have inside their head, not the one YOU are having.
3) You’ll move faster if you drop the small talk and dig into the meat of your communication. You can fill in additional information later.
4) The sooner you get people to suspend disbelief and engage with you, the sooner you will succeed.
5) Stop overkill. Find the first best place to take your exit and bring your meeting to an end.
You’re going to be amazed at how well this works.