What You Need to Feel Safe and Happy
Success in life happens on top of a solid foundation of basic needs.
In 1954, Abraham Maslow released Motivation and Personality. He expanded on his Hierarchy of Needs theory.
Maslow suggested that to reach your full potential:
1) You must provide for your physiological needs. Food, clothing, shelter, money, and more.
2) You must feel safe. Personally, emotionally, financially, health and well-being, and against accidents and illness.
3) Socially, you need to feel a sense of loving and belonging.
4) Esteem and the desire for acceptance, respect, and value by others is your next step. Maslow said, “What a man can be, he must be.” Self-actualization requires mastery of your previous needs.
6) Self-transcendence removes you from your ego and begins your focus on the greater good.
Your best life is built on a sturdy foundation. Make sure you can eat, pay your bills, feel safe, and have friends. Then you can change the world.