Rules For a Happy Life
300 BC, political life was driving people crazy. To calm the masses, several schools of philosophy popped up. Stoicism still resonates powerfully today.
1. Don’t enslave yourself to annoying people.
2. Choose reasonable expectations.
3. Pre-meditate those expectations.
4. You are a mind that is operating a bag of chemicals you call a body.
5. Stop pretending you know that things are bad.
6. You were put here to reason, so use it already.
7. Life is NOT too short.
8. Feel your emotions like a Stoic would. They are your power.
9. Anger is a choice.
10. When it comes down to it, we are dogs tied to the back of a cart.
Sound wisdom never goes out of style.
You were put here for a reason, so use it already.