Framework For More Energy
Steven Covey called it sharpening the saw. If you take a break to sharpen the blade, you will always cut more wood. The same applies to life.
My formula is Ritual, Rest, Rejuvenate, Reactivate, Repeat:
1) Ritual: Success comes when you perform ritual actions every day. Figure out what works and do it.
2) Rest: Running full-out all the time is not sustainable. You must stop and rest.
3) Rejuvenate: Resting allows your body and mind to rejuvenate and become active again.
4) Reactivate: When you are ready, it’s time to reactivate into action mode.
5) Repeat: Keep going until you get what you want.
You’ll always be more productive when you take a break to sharpen your saw. A walk in the park on a busy day counts too.