Daily Boost Podcast Archive
John Lennon was famous for saying, “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.”
Over the years, I’ve found that folks tend to do what serves them best – at the moment. One thing I know for sure. Keeping yourself busy with day-to-day is a sure-fire way to make sure dreams stay dreams. It’s also an exhausting way to live.
Are you ready to set yourself free?
While you may not believe it, if you want something different in your life, all you need to do is start doing it. It’s simple as that.
Forget limitations, excuses, past experiences, worry, and, most importantly, what others say.
Whatever it is you want to do – do it now.
I promise. Everything will change for the better as soon as you begin.
Are you the kind of person who is always running around putting out fires – fires you set?
I think it is time that we take away your matches and lighter fluid.
Here are a few things to think about:
1) If your life is non-stop drama, stress, and craziness, there is a chance that YOU are the cause. There is also a good chance that you don’t see it that way.
2) Living with your hair on fire will keep you busy that you can spend years wondering why you can’t get what you want.
3) When you stop doing anything that results in more craziness knocking at your door, you will find that life is pretty quiet. Quiet is where all good stuff happens.
It’s a Universal truth. You are 100% in charge of every action you choose to take – or not. Choose good ones.
Everybody has dreams. Daydreams, dreams while you sleep, and dreams of what you wish for the future.
I’ve always believed that dreams are goals you have nurtured to become real in your life.
But how do you know if the voice speaking to your heart will lead you in the right direction?
I was reading Brant Pinvidic’s book, The 3-Minute Rule. His approach to better presentations happens to be my approach to goal validation.
When an idea pops into your head, ask yourself four questions:
1) What is it? Do you understand exactly what you want?
2) How does it work? How will you go about reaching your goal? What will likely be the outcome?
3) Can you do it? Is your plan reasonable? Do you have the time, skills, money?
4) Are you sure? If you are willing to put in the effort are you confident you can achieve your goal?
Use these next time something is holding you back from turning your dreams into reality. I promise. The clarity you are seeking is around the corner.
As we begin a new year and decade, I thought I would give a little motivational tough love.
Before I get going –
No matter what you desire in 2020, remember that life and business are about solving problems. The bigger your dreams, the bigger your problems. If you want what nobody else has, you need to solve problems that nobody else will.
So, how do you begin with a bang?
1) Decide what you want in 2020. Be specific. Anything less is what average people do.
2) Decide to pay the price of your success. You’ve heard it before and it’s true. Short-term pain leads to long-term gain. The future value of your life depends on the current value of your effort.
3) Own your goals. You don’t need to ask permission from anybody. You don’t even need to say a word. Put your head down and get to work.
4) Since you’ve decided what you want. Don’t accept your excuses.
When it’s time to get to work –
5) Start your day early. Do what is important to you before the day begins.
6) Set your focus and starting point. Pick the first task, finish, and move on to the next. Keep going until you get what you want.
7) Hold space for what is essential for you.
8) Develop the habit of deep work. Two hours of uninterrupted work per day will change your life.
9) Don’t get caught up in believing you need Networking, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Partnerships. Yes, you need some – but not many. Trust yourself and start creating. Let everybody else catch up.
10) Don’t get caught up in learning. If you stumble, find your answer, and get back to work. If another question pops up, repeat.
11) Apply never-ending massive imperfect action. Don’t worry about the mess. You can clean it up later.
Tomorrow we’ll chat about how to gain a HUGE advantage while accelerating your success.
Do you have too many choices in your life?
In 2005, Barry Schwartz wrote The Paradox of Choice. It challenged the traditional thinking that said, the way to maximum freedom is to maximize choice.
Too many choices are not necessarily a good thing. They can create paralysis. Not to mention, no matter what you choose, you’ll always wonder if you could have done better.
Here’s my advice to you:
1) Limit choices. Narrow your list to items you have already experienced. Having every option won’t serve you.
2) Be sure to permit yourself to try other possibilities IF needed – but only after you’ve vetted your first.
3) Stay in your lane and keep things simple.
Too many choices are part of modern life. If you can’t make a decision – shorten your list of what is important.
Have you ever found yourself blissfully working for hours while time flies? You are doing what makes your heart sing!
Some folks say, “Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.” That’s not true. You’ll work harder than you ever have. You’ll love every minute of it. Your rewards will come like never before.
It’s easy to dream of a less complicated life when all you’ve ever done is live a complicated life. That’s not the issue. In fact, you’ll find your perfect life when you discover that there are never enough hours in the day – and you don’t care. You’ll pick up where you left off tomorrow.
What’s the most exciting and scary thing you can do in life? Deciding to change everything and turn your dreams into reality will get your attention.
What if you believe in your goal but lack the confidence to achieve your goal?
Your day-to-day actions are a result of your Inner Guiding Values. They are the principles that define you. If you seek anything outside your routine, you are going to feel uncomfortable.
Transitional Values are your solution. They are how you re-define who you are in small steps.
You may have an affirmation, “I fly airplanes, and I am an awesome pilot.” I bet you are going to feel a little out of your league the first time you step in an airplane. However…
“I’m learning to fly airplanes, and I am working toward being an awesome pilot” is very different. It is also less stressful, something you can imagine, and much more doable.
Why jump from change-to-change. That is scary. It’s more fun to transition in small steps until you get what you want. Remember – life is a marathon.
Children always believe, but the power to believe lies within you too.
Believing in yourself begins with basics:
1) Practice self-care. Building belief starts with you. When you spend time improving your life, you will open more doors.
2) Seek to expand. The larger your worldview, the more you will believe in yourself. Look outside yourself and explore what’s possible. It may be just steps from your comfort zone.
3) Test drive opportunities. Keep your eyes open for small opportunities that cross your path – and take the good ones for a test drive. No commitment required.
Focus on your highest and best and you will build self-confidence. If won’t be long before you believe in yourself more than you ever before.
Sponsored By Remrise
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you have trouble staying asleep? Remrise the solution. Visit https://getremrise.com/dailyboost and get your first week free when you sign up.
Do you have too many options that you are having a difficult time choosing?
There is a concept called “Opportunity Cost,” which some consider a fancy word for “trade-off.” In other words, every time you make a choice, there is a trade-off to consider.
Another way is to change how you view potential opportunities with extreme discrimination. You can do that with one question –
“Does this opportunity provide the fastest and most direct path for me to reach my goals?”
Now, before we go on, it’s easy to look at almost any opportunity and justify a path. Especially if you are being persuaded by someone else – and know that NEVER happens.
If you want to break free from a stalled life, you must eliminate maybe from your life. Only a yes or no will create the momentum you desire.
What if your life had no limitations and no consequences?
What if you could do anything that you wanted without anything holding you back?
Here’s the truth.
Personal limitations and consequences are useful. Think of them as guard rails alongside a curvy mountain road. They keep you safe while you are on your journey.
What if you find that you are playing it a little too safe and holding yourself back from your dreams?
Another way is to think of as part of your internal belief and value system. You may need to expand through different experiences.
In other words –
Take baby steps until you gain confidence and believe anything is possible. Then prove it yourself.
Eliminate Confusion. Create Your Plan. Get Motivated.
Don't let Confusion and Frustration Stop Your Dreams