Daily Boost Podcast Archive
Would you like to be happy every day of the week? Maybe it’s time to start thinking like a happy person?
There’s no magic to being happier.
Rose colored glasses are not required.
Just start looking at your day-to-day life the way a happy person does.
Give this a try:
1) Accept that merely being alive means you will run into occasional challenges.
2) Realize that dealing with challenges is a privilege that comes with being alive.
3) Welcome frustration. That means that you are not satisfied and are beginning to make adjustments.
4) Accept responsibility for solving your challenges. Run forward and fix them as soon as possible.
5) Deal with everything that life throws at you. Get a great nights sleep. Have another great day tomorrow.
It’s amazing how that kind of mindset makes most challenges never show up in the first place.
Do you wish you that you could find a mentor to help you along the way?
Every mentor I’ve ever had has made a point of validating that I possessed three characteristics for success.
Would you pass their test?
1) Do you have a burning desire to achieve your goal?
2) Are you a coachable person and prepared to accept the wisdom and guidance of others?
3) Do you have the willingness to undertake all actions to achieve your success?
Wouldn’t you want this in someone that was asking for your help?
Walk your talk. Talk your walk. That’s a great life.
Happy New Year!
As we begin a new year, I have a question for you.
What experiences will you have this year?
Life is all about the experience. That requires planning, awareness, and setting expectations.
As you go about setting and achieving your goals, be sure to pay attention to your focus. While you take action, shift your focus to the experience you desire. Life will be a lot more fun.
Isn’t that what goal setting is all about?
Don’t skip over the fun by jumping to the destination. Savor the journey in 2019.
Not a day goes by that I don’t hear about one of my clients building a bridge to a new life.
They are following a simple truth.
If you want to change your life; you must accept that there is a gap between where you are, and where you want to go.
Before you can have new, you must build a solid foundation to support your current life. There’s no running from reality. No quitting your job. No ditching your lease.
You also must build a solid foundation for your future. Learning, saving, planning, acting.
As you establish foundations, you will build confidence, skill, and resources.
Keep what you have until your new life begins to appear.
You’ll know when it’s time to leap.
Have you allowed yourself to become the person you are on the inside?
We all make decisions that change our life trajectory without much thought. That can lead feeling of being lost on you your life path.
Maybe it’s time to create a new way of seeing yourself?
Using a Transitional Identity is a great way to feel confident when you can’t believe in your future.
The trick is to focus on the smaller steps on the way to your destination. That will allow you to move away from who you are, yet not jump to who you want to be in one big step.
“I’m running a successful small business and laying the foundation for my empire. All I have to do is keep moving.”
“I’m a great student. Very soon I will be a great teacher to others. All I have to do is keep moving.”
“I’m incredible at losing 1 pound at a time. Soon I’ll hit my goal and weight 100 pounds. All I have to do is keep moving.”
Transitional Identities are temporary and ever-changing. They are useful when destinations are hard to see before you take your first step.
A big frustration for most folks is feeling as if other people are getting in the way. That will stop the very instant you begin to living according to your Values as you word toward your Goals:
Here’s the simple recipe for enjoying every minute of the day:
1) Know, understand, and practice living your Values at all times. While it’s not always easy, you will feel happier and in control.
2) Be sure only to set Goals that allow you to practice your Values along the way. Doing otherwise is not being who you are.
3) Prepare for a shock wave from people who wonder why you won’t do things their way anymore. And, get ready for the peace of mind you will begin to feel. Self-directing your life according to your inner-most thoughts is the ultimate power.
How would you feel if every day, on average, was as you wanted?
It’s time to make your dreams come true and create your “Average Perfect Day.”
Here’s how it works:
1) Find a quiet spot and write a detailed description of your perfect day. Let your fantasies flow onto paper until you’ve mapped out morning until night.
2) Focus on your daily experiences, not material goods. In other words, if you want a sports car, focus on how you would feel in the driver seat.
3) Fight the urge to judge. The goal is to slow down, tap into your core, and get excited about what’s possible.
There is one last rule that you must follow.
There are no limitations and no consequences. Let yourself be free to dream. You are going to by surprised how many start coming true.
With a new year upon us, it’s time crank up those 2019 goals – simple way.
One of the easiest methods of achieving success is to stick to tried and true. That doesn’t mean you can’t move toward something more meaningful. It means that you forgo new knowledge and skill and leverage what you already understand.
No brainer success assumes:
1) You already have sufficient experience and wisdom. You will learn any new skill if, and only if needed.
2) You will choose the path of least resistance. The goal is to get the results you want in the fastest period. No distractions. No zig-zagging.
3) Overthinking burns too many brain calories. If you find yourself confused and stuck, accept that you may need to reevaluate your plan. Do it fast.
Human nature will compel you to clutter your success journey with distraction. Seek the direct route to the results you want. It’s a no-brainer.
I have a favorite question; ”What Can I Do?”
I ask it anytime I am unsure about my next action. It always delivers an answer. But, this time of year, I add some awesome sauce; ”What can I do this year?”
It’s time to put an end to random and vague goal setting. It’s all about capacity, choices, and prioritizing your actions. Since you can’t do it all, at least at the same time, it’s time to force yourself to get real about what is possible.
So, what can YOU do this coming year?
You might not reach all your goals in a month – but in a year? I think you can do almost anything.
You are living in a magical time of the year and may not even know it.
Have you noticed how busy and self-distracted everybody is?
Most folks are busy running into next years marathon and are not paying attention to their lives – let alone yours.
That presents an opportunity.
Beginning your journey of personal change is always easier on the path of least resistance.
Why not make up your mind and change direction when there is nobody around to judge you?
If they are not looking, will you become a gym rat? Start writing your first novel? How about starting a new business? The possibilities are endless – and guess what?
When you transform yourself when nobody is paying attention – there is nothing they can do or say to stop you when they finally notice.
Why not go for it?
Eliminate Confusion. Create Your Plan. Get Motivated.
Don't let Confusion and Frustration Stop Your Dreams