Daily Boost Podcast Archive
I have a favorite question;” What Can I Do?”
I ask it when I’m unsure about the next action. It always delivers.
Getting what you want in life sometimes includes random and vague goal setting – something that is not likely to help you make progress. What you need is to be targeted and specific.
But what do you when targeted and specific isn’t coming to mind?
Ask yourself –
” What Can I Do?”
Sometimes the answer is not what you want to hear. Then again, when you are stopped in your tracks – it can’t hurt.
Stand up, take a step, REPEAT!
You’ll find your way.
Have you ever found yourself working for hours while time flies?
You are doing what makes your heart sing!
Some folks say, “Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.”
That’s not true.
You will work harder than ever – and will love every minute of it. Your rewards will come like never before.
It’s easy to dream of a less complicated life when all you have ever done is live a complicated life.
That’s not the issue.
When you realize that there are never enough hours in the day – and you don’t care – nothing else will matter.
Have you ever wondered how much easier things would be if you didn’t have to think so much?
What if the future or your past didn’t matter?
Imagine if you didn’t worry about the possessions, success, or drama of others?
What would happen if you believed that YOU are in control?
Now you are starting to think like a Stoic Philosopher.
Stoicism is about paring down and simplifying. They eliminate unproductive traits that define the majority of the population. One of the most common is by turning obstacles upside down, creating opportunities, and seeing them as teachable moments.
For a Stoic, every bad thing becomes a new source of good.
Marcus Aurelius said it this way,
“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in your way becomes the way.”
Did you know that happy people see the world differently?
They don’t wear rose-colored glasses. They have a better way:
1) Happy people realize that being alive includes problems.
2) Happy people accept that challenges are a privilege.
3) Happy people get frustrated but don’t give up. Problems mean everything is normal.
4) Happy people take responsibility for solving problems.
5) Happy people deal with everything life can throw at them, get a great nights sleep, and do it all over again.
Finally, when you think like a happy person, most problems never show up in the first place.
A long time ago, you found yourself graduating high school and thrust into real-life.
I’m sure you gave lots of thought to your future. Then again, you were young. Twenty years later, things can look very different.
Over the years, I’ve learned something about working for a living:
1) Chasing money, advancement, and being significant will keep you busy. It will also blind you from other areas of life you would enjoy.
2) Pursuing passion and mission without considering real-life is a recipe for frustration.
Choose career opportunities that allow you to run fast, feel important, make money, and will enable you to serve your passion and mission.
Living in today’s GIG economy is changing lives for millions. And, it’s only going to get bigger – because it’s all about taking care of people.
Use this equation to open more doors in this new way of life: Problem + Cost = Opportunity.
Everybody has a problem that needs solving. Is it money? Time? Freedom?
Here’s how you convert problems into your success:
1) Recognize the problem that a customer, employee, friend, or family member is having.
2) Identify how much that problem is costing them. It could be financial or emotional.
3) Present a solution and show them how you will help them solve their problem and make the pain go away.
Everybody has challenges. When you can solve them, you create an opportunity for yourself.
I’ve always believed the Law of Attraction should be called Law of What You Think About Most.
Like attracts like. What you think about, you get.
If you think, “I won’t get it because I never do” – you are correct.
Dreaming of a new life while focusing on your current problems is a sure way to keep spinning your wheels.
The trick is to focus your attention and actions on what you want to attract. That will require a dedicated effort. Vision Boards, lists of Goals, daily journaling are all great ways to stay on track.
The Law of What You Think about is magical and straightforward…
Decide what you want. Believe it is possible. Focus on the future, not the past. Don’t stop until you get it.
Success leaves clues. Here are a few:
The person who has the biggest WHY wins.
The person who shows up consistently wins.
The most persistent person wins.
The person who never assumes wins.
The person who is the best at what they do wins.
The person who plans and documents their journey wins.
The person who never gives up total control wins.
The person who accepts responsibility wins.
The person who accepts advice yet makes up their own mind wins.
The person who serves the most wins.
Have you ever felt as if something was holding you back? You might be spending too much time learning.
The challenge begins when your mind gets confused. Since it can’t tell the difference between perception and reality, learning feels like doing. You might be getting smarter, but you are not moving forward.
Here are some simple truths:
1) Learning a new skill is fun and required for a better life.
2) Learning alone will not produce results.
3) You don’t have to learn everything. You already more than enough to get started.
When you transform your knowledge into physical action, you will make massive progress. It’s time to get moving.
Do you dream of greatness?
Instead of rushing through life, why not change your mindset and actions? It’s time that you can become the person you were meant to be? Here are a couple of ideas:
1) Use your imagination to form images, thoughts, and sensations in your mind. You don’t need anybody’s help. Trust yourself.
2) Enthusiasm is living life with excitement and PASSION. Only involve yourself in activities that make you enthusiastic.
3) Persistence is the art of doggedly persisting until you get what you want. Stay in the game long enough, and you’ll get what you want.
4) Having faith is living your life with trust and confidence – even when you’re not sure.
Imagination. Enthusiasm. Persistence. Faith. That’s a great life.
Now, imagine how good it could be with Gratitude?
Eliminate Confusion. Create Your Plan. Get Motivated.
Don't let Confusion and Frustration Stop Your Dreams