Daily Boost Podcast Archive
I just got off the phone with a client. We were chatting about getting moving. She said, “That’s the hardest part! I need help getting off my butt.”
She’s not alone.
Getting what you want comes down to pure physics:
1) An object at rest stays at rest, and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.
2) Inertia must overcome your resting state or your current path. That will require a –
3) Catalyst is what gets you moving – otherwise known as motivation. What will get you moving today?
I’m a fan of David Allen’s Getting Things Done. His book spawned an entire industry. It also causes a lot of stress.
A few years ago David was speaking at a conference and folks asked how he managed to get things done:
1) Nothing gets done until I process everything. No cheating.
2) When I have time, I process everything into a single “Trusted” place. Some folks use a journal. Others use software.
3) I review my potential work weekly and decide if I still need to do it.
Nothing added to your list is more important than tasks already there. Processing everything together will reveal the best path. Stay focused, my friend.
I live by a mantra that says –
“Almost everything in day-to-day life should be routine. Consistent. Predictable. Between the lines. Boring. But, occasionally, it’s good to get out of the box, a little on edge, a bit scared, and a lot excited.”
The truth is, you need both. There is also another truth.
Most things that make you happy and successful are pretty mundane — taking care of your home, paying bills on time, spending time with family. Consistent routines focused on what’s important are how you achieve success.
Have fun and stick to what feels comfortable is working for you. After all, it’s not a rut; it’s a routine.
Do you have goals and dreams? If so, Confidence and Self Esteem will play a significant role.
Confidence is feeling good about your worth or abilities; self-respect.
Self Esteem is a feeling of self-assurance. An appreciation for your abilities or qualities.
You need both, and you get them through experience.
Yes, it’s possible to fake it until you make it. It’s better to jump in head first.
Everything you do today is an opportunity to become a more self-confidence person. A person who appreciates your and has self-respect.
There is no secret to building self-esteem. Do what you do. Do it well. Acknowledge your success. Repeat.
When it comes to improving their lives, most people say money is their top concern?
Tony Robbins said, “Making money won’t solve all of your problems – but at least you will arrive at your problems in style.”
The truth is, making more money, no matter how little, will solve most of your problems. It is also the magic juice that will fuel your dreams.
If you want enough money to create the life of your dreams:
1) KNOW what kind of life you desire. Be realistic about how much you need.
2) Making money is about adding VALUE to the person who is giving some of their money to you. They don’t have to do it. Make their life better and help them reach their dreams. They’ll happily help you do the same.
3) Set a financial goal and never lose track of it. Forward momentum is your friend.
4) Save some for yourself right off the top. Even 1% will add up over time. Plus, seeing your “profit’ will motivate you even more.
5) Stop trading hours for dollars. Once you have momentum, shift your mindset to passive and residual income. Set a course. Stay the course.
Dreams come true when you have the resources to make them happen.
Make ONE DOLLAR more today than yesterday. Use it to build a better life.
There is a question floating deep within your mind that is going to demand your attention very soon.
Is this all there is?
I’m I destined for something bigger than myself?
Discovering YOU is not a search. It’s an acceptance.
You will discover WHO you are by accepting your past and present actions.
It’s accepting WHAT is not a thing; it’s a feeling. If you want to change it. Change it.
WHEN will you become your true self? When your WHEN becomes today.
Brought you by Blinkist. Go to Blinkist.com/boost to start your free 7 day trial.
There is a myth floating around that life is more fun when you are spontaneous. That’s true, but not all the time.
Happiness and success are most common among folks who live in a Default Mode.
In other words, they figure out what works for them and keep doing it.
Living in Default Mode makes life predictable for you and everybody around you. It limits decision making and establishes continuity. It’s a behavior that reduces stress and improves happiness.
Living your life in Default Mode is the fastest way to reaching your goals – your way.
Have you ever found yourself feeling stressed by the path you are traveling in your life?
Should go this way?
Should go that way?
Who wouldn’t feel stressed when you’re always looking at an uncertain future?
It gets worse when you start comparing yourself to the success of others. We’ve all heard folks say, “If they can do it – YOU can do it!”
Sure you can. But is that what you want?
There’s no need to feel stressed over something that seems big and out of reach from you where are now. All you need to do is ask, “Is that honestly important to me?” If not, drop it, and your stress will go away.
Do you ever wake up in the morning and jump straight into your To-Do list and forget about what you want?
With so much on our plates, it can be easy to lose track of the big picture and lose track of where you were heading.
That’s why we always do our Homework on Monday. It’s a powerful way to ‘Overlay’ your what is essential in your life while you get the day-to-day stuff done.
Here’s how I do it:
1) Check in with the ‘Roles’ and ‘Goals’ you have in your life. Do you like what you have or need to make a change? Decide the ‘next’ action that you will take this week.
2) ‘Hold Space’ on your calendar to move your ‘Roles and Goals’ in the direction of your dreams. Don’t let day-to-day challenges through you off track.
3) No matter how busy you get, review your homework throughout the week. Focus on your future.
Tomorrow’s happiness is built on a foundation of today’s focus. Don’t lose track of that.
Eliminate Confusion. Create Your Plan. Get Motivated.
Don't let Confusion and Frustration Stop Your Dreams