Daily Boost Podcast Archive
Today you are going to have opportunities to communicate.
Here’s how to create conversations that connect:
1) Meet folks where they are. Pay attention to how their day is going. Step into their NOW.
2) Establishing something in common. “Wow! Has this day been crazy for you too?”
3) Establish an undeniable truth. “I promise it’s going to get crazier with the holidays coming.”
4) Move toward an idea that everybody can agree. “Holidays are coming fast. We should get ahead of it and do some planning.”
5) Bring a new idea into the conversation. “I have a system that will work for both of us. Do you want to see it?”
You will always get more of what you want when your communication moves toward a common goal.
One of my hobbies is running my Australian Shepard, Levi, in agility competitions.
When people see us run, their first comment is almost always –
“I love how your dog knows where do go. How did you teach him to follow the numbers on the course?”
I always smile.
No. Levi does not follow numbers. He relies on me, his Handler, to tell him where to go. If I don’t communicate my intention, he will go off course and be eliminated.
In the agility world, we like to say, “Every dog has a Handler problem.”
I’ve noticed the same thing in the human world.
If you think you are being tripped up by someone else, double-check to see if they are having a Handler problem.
Know what you want, where you want to go, and effectively communicate your goals. You will be amazed at how almost everybody will follow the numbers.
Do you ever have difficulty making decisions?
In the next 60 seconds, you can harness the most potent and easy to use decision-making tool I have ever found.
Forget the old “Pro and Con” list your Mom and Dad taught you. It’s time for a new approach.
The next time you find yourself challenged use Quantum Linguistics. Ask yourself these 4 simple questions to solve your problem:
What would happen if I DID?
What would happen if I DIDN’T?
What wouldn’t happen if I DID?
What wouldn’t happen if I DIDN’T?
Unusual clarity is around the corner.
Are you caught up in information overload that is driving you crazy?
Too much information leads to confusion and a lack of clarity – a recipe for frustration.
It’s time to embrace Adequate Information in all aspects of your life.
Your goal should be to sift and sort until you discover only the information you need to move forward. Ignore everything else. It’s noise.
Success comes from clarity, adequate information, leverage, and ritualistically repeating what works.
Happiness in life is about getting what you want and keeping what you love.
The process always follows these four steps:
1) Decision: Everything begins with a decision to move in a new direction. The more meaningful your decision, the more likely you will take action.
2) Definition: Aimless wandering toward your dream is no fun. Defining your path will get you there quickly.
3) Deployment: Putting your plan into action separates a truly fulfilling life from a frustrating life.
4) Defense: Once you achieve what you want be sure to develop a plan to defend it so you never lose it.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Are you the kind of person who can’t decide what to do with your life?
Are you fearful of pulling the trigger and going for it?
It can be scary to start something new – especially if you don’t know how well you’ll like your new lifestyle.
Why not explore the possibilities with no commitment?
Instead of charging forward into the unknown, why not take the fear away and test your new experience first? If it’s a keeper, keep moving in that direction. If not, test something else.
Most everything in your life has happened because you stumbled into it and decided to stick with it. Why change what works?
What if you could have the most productive week ever?
The solution is simple; get ahead of the game before the game begins.
It works like this:
1) List your short and long-term goals.
2) Decide what past achievements you enjoy and that you want to continue as you pursue new adventures.
3) Decide what future goals you are ready to ‘activate’ and achieve – NOW!
4) Next week begins this week. Thursday is your new planning day. That’s when you plan how your goals will fit into next week.
5) Get up on Monday morning, ready to ROCK!
You may have heard that you will elevate your station in life to the degree that you elevate yourself.
Personal Development is how you do that.
Here are some easy ideas to move you forward:
1) Acknowledge that all emotions come from within you.
2) Seek out someone you respect. Use them to stay honest.
3) Recognize there is life after failure.
4) Read purposefully. Apply your knowledge.
5) Challenge yourself to be brutally honest.
6) Reflect on what you spend the most time on.
7) Remind yourself: you weren’t meant to procrastinate.
8) Put the phone away. Be present.
9) Remind yourself that time is your most precious resource.
Can you imagine how much you can change in your life when you live by those principles?
If you are unhappy with who you have become in life, there is a simple question that will redirect you –
What do you want to be different than it is now?
Every choice you have made has put you where you are. If you want something different, all you have to do is make different choices.
Yes, it is that simple.
Different choices mean a different direction. A whole new world is waiting for you.
Who will you become today?
Do you ever find yourself emotionally triggered and tossed off track for the entire day?
You are an emotional person. When emotions keep you from logically navigating your day, problems begin.
How do you control being triggered?
1) Identify what triggers a response that you want or don’t want to experience.
2) Decide how you want to feel when triggered. Make a plan to respond.
3) The next time you are triggered, recognize what is happening and execute your plan.
Identify. Decide. Respond.
The more you catch what emotionally triggers you, the more control will have over how you feel. That is true power.
Eliminate Confusion. Create Your Plan. Get Motivated.
Don't let Confusion and Frustration Stop Your Dreams