Productivity of Simplicity

Tanya EldertDaily BoostLeave a Comment

I flew to Amarillo, Texas for a client visit a few years ago.  He picked me up at the airport and said, “I hope you don’t mind riding along – I have three things to do today.”

Three things?  That’s it?

The first was a bank deposit.  The second was my payment.  I was waiting for the third when he said, “That’s it, my friend.  The rest of my day is all about you.

Yes, our project for the day included a thousand tasks.  It didn’t matter.  In our minds, we only had one thing left on our list.

Since then I’ve never scheduled more than three projects per day.  Twenty-one per week.  Ninety per month.  Over one thousand per year.

So simple.  So productive.

Want to get more done?  Focus on three main projects a day.  Stress will disappear.  Productivity will skyrocket.  You’ll be happier.

Journey. Destination. Repeat.

Tanya EldertDaily Boost

Life is a long and winding road.  It has many ups and downs, and a few surprises along the way.

Here’s what you can expect:

1)  Follow your passion and the money will arrive.  It may take longer than you think.  It may be less than you think.  It doesn’t matter.  You’ll be happy.

2) Nothing will happen until you move from daydreaming to daily action.

3)  The road will be rough.  Then it will smooth out.  Then it will be rough again.

4) Whatever path you thought you would travel will change.

5)  You will find speed limits.  Sometimes you will move slow.  Sometimes fast.  Pay attention to the signs that arrive in your life.

6) Frustration will be a constant companion.  So will excitement.

7) You will need to be strong to stay focused on the big picture.

8) When you arrive you will find yourself seeking another adventure.

Success is a journey that brings out the best in you.  Arriving at your destination will make you desire another journey.  Stay busy, my friend.

No Monkey On Your Back

Tanya EldertDaily Boost

Sometime today, a well-meaning person is going to detour you from your dreams.  They are going to solve a problem for them.

Sure, you want to help.  But, what about your problems?

You have enough monkeys on your back already without taking on those of others.  Right?

Before you say, “Yes,” consider how much it may take you off track.  It’s okay to say, “No thanks.”

The only person protecting your goals, dreams, and daily action is YOU.  Stay focused on YOUR plan.

Goal Setting Refresher Course

Tanya EldertDaily Boost

In 1979 interviewers asked potential Harvard MBA candidates –

“Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?”

3% answered yes.

10 years later that 3% was earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent combined.

Goal setting is simple:

1) State exactly WHAT you want.

2) State WHY you want it.

3) Imagine how you are going to feel when you reach your goal.

4) Plan the steps you will take.

5) Take continuous action.

6) Measure your progress.

7) Be flexible in your approach.

8) Celebrate and repeat.

There’s no need for 97% of dreamers to set goals.  If you want to be in the top 3% – set goals.