I think it’s time we stop seeking more productivity. It’s too much work! I prefer being more efficient and effective.
Here are a couple of ideas that will help:
1) Say, “No” to meetings if possible. If you must, keep them short and sweet.
2) Delay paying attention to incoming communication. It’s nothing more than somebody else’s to-do list. Do your stuff first.
3) Daily interruptions will never go away. You may as well expect and plan for them.
4) Never schedule more than 50% of your day. That will give you more time for things that pop up.
5) No more multi-tasking. Finish one task before the next.
The fastest way to be more productive is to make your To-Do list as short as possible.